Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Derailed

::don’t miss your train

Ah, Derailed. Where do I begin? I am so happy I didn’t have the time to see this in the theaters because I wanted to. If I had I think I would have been very pissed off at spending my money on this piece of work. Meet Joe, played by Clive Owen. The characters name was not Joe, but it might as well have been, wouldn’t make a difference. This everyday guy with a wife in a marriage on the rocks, strained even more by his daughter with a bad case of diabetes. Joe meets a pretty lady on the train one day, Jennifer Aniston. Wow. Not. Why this movie didn’t work for me? I kept waiting for a good satisfactory twist. I kept waiting for something, anything to happen. Every time something happened I would ask, “is that the big twist? Is there another one? If that is the big twist I’m going to be angry.” Stupid plot put to the side – I don’t buy Jennifer Aniston as a sexpot, I just don’t. For this role I suppose she was supposed to just be the pretty girl that can be sexy to the average Joe..which is how our guy gets lured in..but, it’s Jen Aniston. No.
There is one line in the movie that is delivered so awkwardly..so full of ..’I don’t know how to be sexy, but maybe if I say it like this it will sound sexy’ from Jen Aniston..

Jen Aniston as sexy: “I think…(awkward pause) ...I want to fuck you.”

Maybe it was because I just never want to hear her say “I want to fuck you” – maybe it was the way the line was written -- maybe Jen Aniston shouldn’t be in this movie. And then the two actors start kissing all sloppy and hot the way people do when they’re so turned on because they’re so desperate and doing something wrong. Eck. No spoilers for this movie, not even worth it. It is worth mentioning the talents of the guy from Irreversible and Ocean’s Twelve, Vincent Cassel, was wasted in this movie. Clive Owen, please, I love you. You were wonderful in SinCity and Closer. What’s this..? Derailed and Inside Man. Please, no more taking roles in movies with “stunning twists” that aren’t actually that stunning. Thanks.
I was not a fan of this movie.

6 out of 10 stars

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y in the hell did you even give it 6 stars...we were in the same room, watching the same scene for 20 mins(due to the fact that someone wanted to tell us about the kids in special ed)...but that's besides the point...6 stars...try 0...for a waste of time and energy

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home