Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Donnie Darko

:: Darko is wacko.
I've heard tons of buzz about this film since its inception. Never really cared to watch it even though I had no real clue what the premise of it was. Well, after hearing more people mention it recently I added it to my netflix queue and got the dvd of the directors cut last week.
The movie was all right, but I dont see what all the hoopla is about. Donnie is disturbed..and the themes circle around science and God..and dreams and hallucinations. Eh, it was okay. The dialogue was what I found to be the funniest.
Her: My parents got divorced, my dad had emotional problems.
Him: Really, me too! What kind?
Her: He stabbed my mother four times in the chest.
The demonic bunny mask in the movie was really weird..I dont know, strange film. At least I could follow the story, unlike Mulholland Drive which was eternally screwy. Not much else to say about Donnie Darko.
Next on my list of movies to see that I've heard "so much" about... Deliverance.
~*rock out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home